Munch Squad is a segment created and perpetrated by Justin McElroy. Every Munch Squad features a press release from a major fast food company, typically discussing their new products.
Episodes with Munch Squad include:
- Episode 304: Chicken Soup for Boys
- Episode 305: Bubble Jug Life
- Episode 306: Face 2 Face: Foggy Bottoms
- Episode 309: Here Comes Ray Donovan
- Episode 312: Face 2 Face: Live from Drowzee City
- Episode 321: Which One Vapes?
- Episode 322: "Margaret, It Happened Again!"
- Episode 324: A Heroic and Well-Reviewed Lizard
- Episode 326: Open-Source Burger King
- Episode 328: The Anxiety-Free Cruise
- Episode 340: Doritos-Blasted Crow
- Episode 345: Face 2 Face: Candlenights in September
- Episode 349: Face 2 Face: Remembering How to Do Live Shows in Portland
- Episode 354: Beanfreak
- Episode 356: Face 2 Face: My Donut-Loving Boys
- Episode 357: A Wonderful Hug From Goro
"Theme" song Edit
The Munch Squad segment often starts with Justin making sounds that can be compared to: a radio adjusting itself, crackling fire, the running of tiny angry feet, or the approaching of thunder. Justin then announces, with the booming voice of the gods,
"I WANNA MUNCH!"to which Griffin and Travis, incredibly unenthusiastically reply,
"Squad."Then follows the Munch Squad segment, which always happens to start just when I've left the house and I'm on the train and haven't had any lunch and I'm trying to eat healthy and now I want a god damn cheeseburger, thanks Justin.